As part of our continued expansion, Apex Fire Ltd is recruiting Professional Tutors/Trainers to join our team in delivering training courses in Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Risk Assessment and First Aid in the Leinster & Midlands regions. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in the area of fire safety. Apex Fire’s Academy of training offers continuous support with your professional development with programs covering relevant areas within the industry. Apex Fire is proudly accredited Gold by Investors in People, an international recognition mark of excellence for people management. All our products and services are certified and compliant to Irish, European & worldwide Standards with continuous focus on delivery of excellent customer service.
• A recognised training qualification (i.e. QQI/FETAC Train the Trainer Level 6 / Health and Safety at Work Level 5) or equivalent.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Good knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Fire Services Acts 1981 & 2003
• Good knowledge of delivering fire safety classes with backup knowledge around evacuation procedures
• Fluent in English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Applicants must supply suitable character references
• Work in a cohesive manner with management and other team members
• Organise and co-ordinate the day-to day running of training courses and follow up actions for customers if required
• Deliver classroom based training
• Conduct practical demonstrations
• Prepare course material
• Arrange the learning environment to maximize the learning experience and provide a safe learning environment
• Review and adapt lesson plans to meet the needs of individual customers and/or groups
• Assist in the development and design of new and existing courses as required
• Support learners
• Other tasks as delegated
• Occasionally you will be required to start early /finish late to accommodate the travel outside your area or to accommodate customers.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good presentation (ensuring company vehicle, uniform and paperwork promote a professional image)
• Knowledge of relevant Irish, European & British Standards and all relevant codes of practice.
• Valid Safe Pass & Manual Handling certificates
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please get in touch with us by filling out the form below.